IrrigationTV?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irrig8r, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I've checked out his main site www.irrigationrepair.com before. I think I sent Cappy a link too, since he and I had each been thinking of doing our own videos.

3. White pvc risers...... Tells me all I need to know.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Where is he, Fla?

5. irrig8r

Looks like he is in Orlando.

Holy cow! Do "professionals" really install like this? 30 years experience... of doing things on the cheap?

http://www.irrigationtv.com/Free_PVC_Repair.html

6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Shameful!!!

7. boofoot

boofoot LawnSite Member

Hi everyone. My name is Craig Borglum. I own http://www.IrrigationTV.com. While searching to see if my site was indexing, I ran across this forum. I'm taking some pretty hard hits here, so I would like to explain myself.
    Yes, I am 53 years old and have been I've been installing and repairing irrigation for 30 years. My company, just me with no employees, http://www.IrrigationRepair.com, only repairs lawn irrigation. I do not install.
    The reason that I do not install is that I would have to compete with companies that install very inefficient systems. As a holder of two I.A.C.I.D.'s, I cant compete with the "you don't need all them heads" guys. I've put in 10 hours today, which ain't bad for a "geezer", but I look forward to addressing every comment on this page tomorrow. I will talk to you then.

8. irrig8r

Hey Craig,
    I was the one who mentioned you and started this thread. I don't remember how i ran across your website.. probably searching YouTube.

I'm a couple years younger than you Craig, and I've been working with sprinklers, both landscape and ag., since I was about 16.

Please don't interpret my comments as a personal attack, and BTW, welcome to Lawnsite. :waving:

I think I could make better instructional videos than the ones I've seen from you, but then, of course, you're the one who's actually doing it and I'm just sitting here talking about it... :)

Apparently you do things a little differently there in Florida than we do around here. I know irrigation practices are regional. Here in Silicon Valley, we've been irrigating at least as long as you guys in FL.

I can only imagine that it's because of cost and what your market will bear, but don't you guys use swing joints? Or at a minimum, SCH 80 risers just for added UV resistance?

That repair you did with the white PVC riser made me cringe dude. No self-respecting irrigator that I know would use that setup.

In our underground systems we use PVC, not poly.
    Most residences still have A/S valves.
    For those with inline valves, some have PVBs.
    Many larger residences in the hills (so heads can be situated uphill from valves) and nearly all commercial properties use RPZs.
    You rarely run across a valve w/o a flow control, and most valves are threaded onto MAs or TOE nipples.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome - yes you will take a beating :hammerhead: We all have. Get to know us a little better and you'll understand why. Or maybe you'll just hate us. :) I have watched a little of your vids. I actually saw them a few months ago. Myself and Capt Rotar have each talked that we were wanting to make our own as well.

Yeah, some of what I saw I was kind of raising an eyebrow to. But I know when it comes to repairing a basic residential system, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. By the way - my company is all service/repair/winterizing. No installs like yourself. Myself and two employees.

Your welcome to join us, but with all newbies we'll probably bash some of your practices. We've all done it to each other. Different regions have different practices. But, have some thick skin and dish it back.

10. Mark B

Mark B LawnSite Bronze Member

Welcome to the site Boo.. You have to remember that some guys in here think they are working on rockets headin to mars. Heck they don't even like to listen to music or even a ipod when in the middle of a yard and noone is around.

So just take most of the KIAs remarks on the site with a grain of salt. Don't pay them any mind.... Oh and don't miss spell anyhting either. :cool2

just don't pay the KIAs anymind at all. You do it how you want to do....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.