Irritating customers - Arggh!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txgrassguy, Apr 11, 2008.

1. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Here's another one -
    Did a refit about five months ago, older couple - refit went well, no call backs, everybody happy right?
    Nope - get a message on my office number late yesterday from the wife, po'd royally about not hearing from my company regarding a service appoint she was demanding occur tomorrow - Friday.
    I got in at 7:30pm from twelve hours in the field, didn't check messages in the office before going home so she may have called. The one thing I do know is I never scheduled an appointment.
    So today she calls and begins to hammer on me for not following up - I politely interject this (today) was the first I have heard of her problem and I may be able to break free later today as I am covered up with service/install/maintenance work.
    She says never mind, cancels her request, and hangs up.
    An hour and a half goes by, she calls again wondering where my crew is at.
    I'm like WTF Lady you canceled, she starts crying and blaming me for her nervous breakdown, water pouring everywhere from a broken head, and poor service.
    So I politely interject again that she was requesting a service call to address a malfunctioning section valve as this is the first I have heard of a broken head.
    So I ask how long the head has been broken - she replies two months, I ask how and she says by her while mowing. And the best part is she wants me to repair this damage as well as the stuck valve - FOR FREE.
    So I am sitting there, literally staring at the speaker phone wondering why is it I get the looney ones when she starts screaming at me so loud my phone starting dancing on my desk. So I hang up.
    Now her husband is calling and demanding to know why I have "yelled" at his wife and made her upset and I'm like WTF are you talking about.
    I politely asked them not to call my business again.
  2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe some guy from Mobile will fix it for eleven dollars... :)
  3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Ah yes, the beginning of fruitcake season. :dizzy:
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

I had 1 Wednesday that left me 4 messages and 4 emails on Tuesday wondering when I would get there.I told her late AM wed , just like our appointment was for.
    Shes a dr.
  5. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

nutjobs arrg
  6. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

I heard he'll beat anybody by 60%, guaranteed. Free weekly repairs first year, limit one per customer.
  7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

It's time...... let the games begin!!!
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Ooooh ooooh... I need him here 7:00 am tomorrow, or I want my money back (no matter how little it was)
  9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

It was little, you'd spend more on shipping.
  10. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a LOCO personas story for you all:

Bossman gets a call for a rake that was left @ MRS.XYZ's house..

Mrs.XYZ insists it was our company.. My boss goes to her house @ 7 pm cause he was in the area, and finds out XYZ isn't even a customer... hahahah!!