Irritating

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Scag48, Oct 25, 2007.

1. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Just thought I'd share this week's misfortunes. I'm not complaining, but life came quick this week.

Car is acting up, think the fuel pump is going out, driving the truck instead. Alternator on truck is on it's last legs, I could be left stranded somewhere if I don't take care of it. 2 tests this week, one in physics, the other in logic. Picked up 2 shifts at work, my land mortgage kicks in a month from now, another $525 a month to add to the bills, I'm stressed about the payment. Now working 7 days a week taking 20 credits at school this quarter. Got a phone call today from my bank's fraud prevention office, seems someone got a hold of my debit card number and info via some sort of spyware that made it's way onto my computer. I made an online purchase last week and some sort of phishing spyware got ahold of the info they needed. Someone tried to rack up $2100 worth of stuff from Walmart.com, good thing I didn't have quite enough in my checking account. Transaction was halted, had to cancel the card. Went out today and got a better antivirus program, a buddy of mine who is super good with computers assures me I should be fine with the new software.

Just a long day, I'm completed frazzled. Time to study for my physics test. Hope everyone else's week is going a little better than mine.

2. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

At least you don't live in San Diego area. You'd be camping at some stadium studying by candle light for your tests.......I was told by my computor guru ( that could be almost anyone ), to start using Mozilla Foxfire and Mozilla Thunderbird for email because they are better protected against spyware/theft. I have done that, no thefts to date except the monthly bills I have to pay and that feels like theft everytime I have to write those checks at the end of the month. Scag, almost sounds like the makings for a country-western song, except your dog hasn't left yet........

3. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Sounds like a fun week for sure.I think everyone gets frustrated when things start piling up on a person.It doesn't get any better as time goes on seems!!!!!!

Just be glad for the good days,on more of the postive side of things:)

What gets me more is when you go to use your equipment after it was running great when you quit for the day,weekend, or after the long mooson! You go to get it to move or work and the batterys is dead,or something.

Just like the gremlins got to it while you was gone:rolleyes:

Now that"s irriating !!!!! Thats why i think of it this way.Real world,Dream world,and Nightmare world.Your just temporarly caught in the Nightmare world:dizzy: .It well get better hopefully!

You know the old say. If it's got tires,tracks or tits :dancing: !!!!!! It's trouble.You have a good day now:usflag:

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

How'd we do that we posted at the same time????:usflag:

5. RockSet N' Grade

RockSet N' Grade LawnSite Silver Member

Magic I suppose....Just don't feel like going to work and burning a few extra minutes, but it is past that time, so..........off to the races.....

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I feel your pain.

It is a must have in this day and age .

If you cannot afford one AVG has one of the best Anti Virus softwares on the planet for Free.
    Couple that with windows defender and Windows new phishing software and you should be well protected.

Never email any credit card or personal info if possible.
    If you do at least encrypt it.

Agreed.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I've been using Mozilla Firefox exclusively for 2 years now. I had a trial version of Norton antivirus that came with the computer, when the 6 month subscription ran out I didn't renew it. That was quite some time ago. I also have Adaware and Spybot which are super good programs, just didn't use them regularly. Between the three programs I now have, I feel more secure.

8. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dont feel bad when it rains it pours. Seems like when you have plenty of money nothing never breaks. When your tight on money it falls apart. As for Windows Defender it never finds anything. Im a computer tech/network administrator where I work at ABX/DHL. Defender never finds anything for us. We have much better luck with Spybot. AVG works very well.

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I agree.
    Defender just works good at stopping the really bad stuff like self installing programs.Plus it is free.
    I use ad aware and spybot as well.
    They usually only find the pretty much harmless tracking cookies.

This is a great site for comp advice.

http://www.komando.com/

AVG has a great spyware program for free as well.

I am a computer nut.
    I build all mine and I am an avid gamer and used too be really big into the overclocking deal.
    I hack my cellphone too unlock it and at one time I enjoyed lots of free tv.
    I really missed my calling with computers.:)

10. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have been doing it every day for about 12 years now. I take care of the phone network, servers, pc's, printers, satellite and the rest of the network. Being in a company that has airplanes and so on adds to the fun. You learn allot of different programs that most never get to see, radar and so on.