Irritrol 36 plus-12 years old

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jtbland, Aug 24, 2012.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes... I was refering to the James Hardie Co.... not the man

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

No... the NVM is only a feature of the MC-B+ and Dial-B series controllers. Those controllers required a 9V alkaline battery to retain the correct time of day. The MC+ and MC-A+ required the Ni-Cad battery pack. The pack was a heat shrink wrapped set of 4 AA sizes Ni-Cad batteries. There was a way on SOME versions of the original MC standard controller to make them accept a Ni-Cad battery by installing a wire jumper between two points on the PCB.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Prolly the weirdest controller to ever program. In fact ,we used an MC to test the rookies for their certification. :dizzy:

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Because they were so common around here it was one of the first I learned. Superior Sterling is/was very similar and common here.

That said, a lot of customers were more comfortable with the Irritrol Dial AB.

Oh, and the weirdest I ever programmed was the Johns-Manville.

5. jtbland

jtbland LawnSite Member

Gentlemen, I thank you all for you responses. I have done a "reboot" so to speak and the controller is working at this time. I found out that you can only have 4 stations at one time operating within all the programs. This was not the case. Someone had to many valve working and thus the clock was not starting other programs. Again thnks for you imput.

Also sorry for the late response back

jtbland/vegas

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Completely agree.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Remember that old saw about dogs knowing people were scared of them?
    I installed a ton of the Hardie "Touch Command" clocks, loved them. When Russ took over the biz, they turned on him and he had nothing but problems. :dizzy:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2012