Irritrol Valves

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Kiril, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Question is mostly for Purp since I know he uses Irritrol.

Your evaluation and preference between series 100, 200, and 700.

All these models accept the onmi-reg. I have used the 200 & 700 series, however not with the omni-reg. One thing I don't like about the 700 series is the lack of an external bleed. As far as performance, haven't had any major problems with either of those models, or for that matter any Irritrol valve that I have used.

2. I hope you have better luck with the irritrol omni-reg than I've had with the RB version. Let me know.

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the Omni-reg with the 700 series, and they work, but some care has to be taken to avoid 'hunting' (slowly fluctuating pressure, as the regulator kind of chases its tail)

4. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the 100 series (Century Plus) mostly for 25+ years and had some experience with the 700 series. They're good commercial valves, especially the 100.

My personal opinion of the Omni-Reg is that it's... well... use at your own risk. We've run into many problems with it being installed via consultants' specs on new systems with booster pumps on other sections of the main. We end up taking it off and using the Flow Control on the valve which then does a good job of regulating the pressure.

5. Sounds like the RB version as well. Did the same thing, took it off and used the flow control.

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. How about the Weathermatic version?

7. PurpHaze

I was kinda wondering if anyone had experience with the Hunter one as well?

8. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Traditionally I have always regulated downstream of the valves, but figured it would be cleaner to do it on the valve if using one that can accommodate it.

9. PurpHaze

As far as the Omni-Reg is concerned our major problem has always been with valves hanging up. On rare occasions we'd encouter a valve that wouldn't actuate. But after taking the O-R off all would be fine and we'd just start using the Flow Controls to adjust the valves' output.

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

I don't like problems or wasting money. When I design or install/build something I want it to work trouble free for many many years.