Irritrol?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by bicmudpuppy, Feb 1, 2006.

1. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

Ok, it has been a week since I heard second hand that one of the supply house sales guys that do not carry irritrol told one of their customers that Toro was discontinuing Irritrol as a product line. I can't believe it would be true (doesn't help the lie that he claimed they were not going to honor the warranty on the equipment either), but in this crazy world stuff does happen. I haven't take the 9-5 time to check with a buddy who would know for sure. Anyone else hear anything that sounded like this? Story was Irritrol gave the sales guys zero notice and is closing shop. Again, I can't see Toro doing that even if phasing out was the plan. Toro has owned Irritrol to long to not be liable now.

2. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

And Toro destroys something else in the irrigation world. Maybe they need to stick to equipment? :mad:

Hope they keep the controller line going because that's been our main controller for years. If not... guess we'll have to change to Sterling which is basically the same controller.

3. bicmudpuppy

bicmudpuppy LawnSite Silver Member

If feels like (and I hope that is all it is) repeating gossip. I heard it second hand. If the rummor has any truth, I hope they got the brand name wrong, but they said he said Irritrol. But in the world of he said she said he said....... Was hoping someone here has heard something. After all, these kind of rummors normally have some foundation. They are usually just stretched way beyond reality. They could phase out the spray heads and I wouldn't shed any tears. Hope they keep the rain curtain nozzles to put on good heads though :)

4. PurpHaze

I do know that Home Depot bought out a Florida irrigation supply company though.

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I know Toro was talking about dumping ExMark as a mower brand.

6. PurpHaze

I've checked their corporate site but don't see anything yet.

7. Broker

Broker LawnSite Senior Member

That would be insane......... Did all you guys take that recent survey of brands and performance etc.......etc........

8. PurpHaze

No... Was I supposed to? :p

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

The 'Irritrol Systems' name is supposed to be dropped, and replaced by 'Irritrol' - beyond that, you shouldn't expect any significant changes.

10. The Irritator

The Irritator LawnSite Member

Hadn't heard about Home Depot buying Fl. Irr., but they did buy Hughes Supply.