1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

IRS Tip line?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by eggy, Mar 18, 2001.

1. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone know the number to turn in people who do not pay taxes? I was going to help out a few scrubs around here.......

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know but I guarantee that it ain't in the phone book. Don't believe me go look.
  3. ShortCuts

ShortCuts LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I was wondering the same thing. There is the one company in town that doesn't pay taxes. His best guy is working for me now and he told me how this guys grossed over 100k last summer and only reported 4k of that to the IRS. Someone please tell me how I am suppose to compete with this guy? This guy had the nerve to tell some of the guys he had working for him that he has 5 summers worth of earnings buried in town somwhere. I don't know if this is true....but this is what he said. I have a feeling this guy is going down!
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

IRS Criminal Investigation Group 1-800-829-0409.
  5. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

Kinda vicious turning people into the IRS, don't you think. If you can't compete without being under-handed, then you're no better than he is.

MIDSOUTH LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Lee 100%.

7. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

So stealing is ok???? Hmmm not paying taxes is stealing .....hmmmm stealing good, truth bad hmmmmm
  8. lee b

lee b LawnSite Fanatic

So you consider keeping your hard earned money, instead of giving it to a bloated government, stealing? Hmmmmmmm..... Being a snitch ....good? Hmmmmmm......OH!!!! I get it your a liberal......
  9. ron

ron LawnSite Senior Member

HOW ABOUT BUSTING PEOPLE WHO CALL THE IRS,THEY ARE COMMITING A CRIMINAL ACT YES.......OK HOW MANY TIMES EGGY HAVE YOU NOT TURNED IN ANY TAXES>.......atleast once right,then you have also committed a criminal act.why don't you get a hold of your local state and county license authority and turn them in.....
  10. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Does he not paying all of his taxes affect your business. If so please tell me how. Personally I think it is his business and only his. If the IRS wants to track his small assets, and get their share from him, then let THEM do it. Are you trying to drive him staight out of business by doing that? Its probably not going to work if he is grossing 100K a year. Sounds like he has enough business, unless his overhead is extremely high. Personally, I would stay out of it. I dont know this guy fom adam, but he could become rather upset if he found that YOU were the one to tun him in.