Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I didn't know business practices that Irwin engages in could possibly be legal.......but they are!

I financed a piece of equipment. They claim I was 3 months late on payments....:laugh:. I found the bank drafts and settled that issue.

They tacked on $1214.00 in legal fees :laugh::laugh:. When I found the paperwork I thought I would have some fun with them and demanded they give me a COMPLETE breakdown of the legal fees to which they declined stating it was well within their right to charge them.

I was asked to pay $1214.00 for a "lawyer" to send a letter stating I was behind in payments. No court papers were filed, no collection account, just a plain letter...not even on good stock.

Lastly, if I have a loan thru them and it expires on July 21, 2008 and for whatever reason, I forget that it expires..........well, get this......... IRWIN COMMERCIAL FINANCE will continue taking the payments from you each and every month and the best part is YOU DO NOT GET THAT MONEY BACK!

I know, I know, you would have to be a complete idiot to let that happen however, it does and will continue to happen ALL THE TIME.

Needless to say, I will never do biz with them again nor encourage anyone else for that matter.

2. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

You know you opened a can of worms. You are about to get slamed by the cash money LCO's.

(The dispute between financing and pay cash for equipment and trucks.):hammerhead:
  3. mybowtie

mybowtie LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

So did you have to pay the legal fees???.......................:usflag:
  4. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

No...I did not pay them. I would never pay them. I didn't find any mention of said fees in their "contract".

I agree with paying cash for equipment however, credit is queen if cash is king.

When a contract comes up and the ink is dry, I will finance based on those figures if necessary. I am not a fool when it comes to money but sometimes ya just gotta go with the finance option.

When O% means just that, the money gaining interest in my account is worth to me. I could have bought it outright but that interest wouldn't be growing...ya know what I mean?