Is 1000 hrs alot for a Exmark 25/60?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CURBAPPEAL NC, Feb 8, 2006.

1. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

Saw a couple of used ones for 3500-4900. just wondering if these are wore out or not. never owned an Exmark. thanks!

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

If they have been well-maintained then they should only be about 1/3 of the way through their usefull life. I would definately shoot for the low end of the price scale though.

I picked up a 28 EFI 60" Dixie with 29 hours for $4500 in Oct 2004 and today my buddy just picked up a 25 Kohler 60" Dixie with 404 hours for $4500. I did sell my old Dixie 25 Kohler 60" with 1200 hours last January for $3800.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

1,000 hours is a good amount of hours, but that machine could easily have double that, before a major rebuild is necessary. I would definitly be looking to pay the lower end of the scale too. I have a LAZER with a kohler and 1500hrs, runs great but I wouldn't pay $4500 for it.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

When ope gets high end hours it will not bring no money,sounds high to me moter might start with no smoke but you know it has hours,clutches are wore,spindles,tires,no warranty to name a few.

5. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

1000 hours is less than 1.5 years worth of use on a full mowing schedual.

7. david scott

david scott LawnSite Member

Had a buddy w/an e-xmark turf tracer with 3000hrs always did schedualed maint. never had any problems out of it,e-xmarks seem to be pretty good machines,i've had several.Are you in the market for something that size?May be able to help you out and it has alot less than 1000hrs.

8. pasto_guy

pasto_guy LawnSite Member
    from VA

I've got two machines with kohler 25's and they both have over 2500 hours on original engines. Yes there is going to be other things that have to be replaced along the way but if you are looking for something used then I wouldn't be scared of 1000 hours. Make sure that you buy from a trustworthy individual, as some people cut the hours meters off and then reconnect them. I learned that the hard way. Hope this helps.

9. trentslawncare02

trentslawncare02 LawnSite Member

I would try to find a 27hp Liquid cooled Kaw...alot less heat on the operator and alot more power in tall or wet grass.

10. CURBAPPEAL NC

CURBAPPEAL NC LawnSite Member

A 48" or 52" would be plenty, but a 60 would still work.