IS 1500Z Ferris 25Hp Kawasaki V Twin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by apexlawn03, Mar 10, 2005.

1. apexlawn03

apexlawn03 LawnSite Member

New this year has anyone demoed one of these mowers? If so what did you like or dislike?

2. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I myself dont like the smaller frame than the is1000Z it has a shorter wheel stance in the back which cant make it better than its bigger brother the is1000

Jason

3. ZER

ZER LawnSite Member

I demoed one at my local dealer and thought the ride was much better than the is1000. I will be buying one this spring...

4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I saw one at the Green Industry Expo last fall. Nice looking machine. Yes it should have an improved ride over the IS1000. However I have not been out to the dealer to check the new models out.

5. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I saw an 1500Z at the Western PA Turf show about 10 days ago. I've never owned a ZTR, but am looking to add a 48" mower, either a JD stand-on, JD 717A, or perhaps the Ferris 1500Z. I was very impressed with what I saw as a machine. Obviously, I've not seen one in action, or demoed one. With no experience, I may have been looking at the wrong things -- my experience is with w/b mowers. I don't have properties that justify the larger ZTRs, so this seemed like a good candidate. The only dealers are an hour away -- not good.

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like a nice machine but I would never buy it to replace my 52" dualdrive ferris walkbehind. I think the walk behind can go more places (over curbs, under pine trees, etc...).

7. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

Yea having a dealer close by is nice ours is 45 min away but we service many properties near the dealer. The Is1500 in a 52" is 5,499.00 with a kawi on it. It could be a improvement. i talked to dusty dust (cow boy man) and showed him a few things that they could improve with the new machines and they did improve a couple of the ideas. Over all the is 1500 z is nice i just don't think it can handle slopes as nice as the 1000.

But thats me, Jason

8. rott_dobe

rott_dobe LawnSite Member

If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting a quote for an IS1500 for $5499?

The prices I've been seeing around here is, at best, $6500. If I could find one for $5500 that might just be a deal maker for me!

9. LawnsRUsInc.

from midwest

At my dealer i have it on paper. They move the most ferris mowers in the state. They came in i think 1st in the nation for ferris sales last year. A is 3000zl 61" $8,500 kawi motor.

10. rott_dobe

rott_dobe LawnSite Member

LawnsRUsInc,

Could you PM me or e-mail me or post your dealer's information? I see from your website you're not TOO far from me. I might make a drive to get that kind of deal. Also, is that a "no haggle" price that he would give me over the phone, or will I have to spend hours in there arguing with him? Also how good is he for service?

Thanks!