Is 15hp Kaw enough power for Wright 36"???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KCfireman, Oct 13, 2008.

1. KCfireman

KCfireman LawnSite Bronze Member

......well the thread title says it all!!!!!!!!:confused:

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Do you have any higher hp options? 17 maybe 19?

3. KCfireman

they make them in the 17 and the 15. Now i have a JD Quik Trak w/ a 48" deck and the 19hp kaw and it has never bogged down. You see there is a guy here in Kansas City that is selling his: 2008 Wright Stander 36" w/ 15hp Kaw w/ 22 hrs on it and it still has its 2 yr warranty. He's asking around $3800

4. Lazer_Z

from NJ

D@mn good deal on that machine, any chance he'll let you try it out before you hand over any cash?

5. KCfireman

i think its a great deal! He also has it for sell on ebay and that big ends in 2 days and its highest bidder currently is only $1200. I know he'll cancel the auction if it doesnt get high enough. I called him up, very nice guy, and he said i can come on up whenever i want so i can take it for a spin.

6. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Well, If you feel it's right, by all means buy it man. The 15 should work, hell I was about ready to buy a TTHP 36" before I bought my Phazer. The TTHP 36" has a 15 on it and I'm sure there are plenty of guys happy with that machine.

7. KCfireman

i sure hope so. Its in prestige condition.

8. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Why is he selling it? too small?, getting a bigger machine?, getting out of the biz? '08 w/ only 22hrs on the clock it should look like it came right off the dealers lot. If you can snap a couple of pics.

9. KCfireman

10. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

my metro hp has a 15 on it ,has plenty of power to pull me 260 lbs on a sulky and cut thick grass