Is 16 foot enough?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by orinicklawncare, Jun 24, 2012.

1. orinicklawncare

orinicklawncare LawnSite Member

I am looking to buy a new trailer and I need to pull my 52 zero 48 zero and my 52 wb at the same time will they all fit on the trailer? I
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

You'll be fine. I have a large frame 60" ZT and a 52" stander that fits on a 14 footer.

3. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Mark out the size of trailer (?X16) on the ground with chalk or something. Park mowers in that spot. Try the configuration you want to use & if they don't fit in the box you have marked, try different configs (i.e. turn walkbehind sideways, backwards, etc) til one works.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. nolatoolguy

nolatoolguy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

It will probably work but what about if you gotta haul wheelbarrows, blowers, gas cans, extra mower, etc.

C Jovingo Landscaping had a good idea to.

5. C Jovingo Landscaping

C Jovingo Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I have a cage appprox 2'D X 2'H X 6'W with plywood lid & locks. It is mounted on posts at front of trailer & front of walkbehind goes under it. I keep Gas cans, backpack & handheld blower in it. I also have diamond plate toolbox mounted on tongue across front of trailer for tools, spoll of trimmer line, 2stroke oil, reg oil, ratchet straps, bungie straps, tow chain, cordless drill, tarps, spare parts (belts) etc. As far as wheelbarrow i just put it beside one of my walkbehinds upside down & strap it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. sgl41377

sgl41377 LawnSite Member

I think that sounds real tight. I have a 7x16

7. dieseltech

dieseltech LawnSite Senior Member

If you have to ask...probably not.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mnglocker

mnglocker LawnSite Senior Member

That will be tight.

I've got a 60" Grandstand, 60" Toro G3 large frame and a 44" Proline and that's a comfortable, properly secured herd of mowers on my 7x18'. Sans the 2' extra, the proline would be back at the shop.

9. mlavin73

mlavin73 LawnSite Member

I think it would be tight if it fit. I agree with C Jovingo's advice to mark it out on the ground and see if the mowers fit. I have a 7 X 14 and have a A Scag Rider, A Scag V-Ride and a Scag walkbehind and I can only do 2 at a time and 2 additional feet wouldn't get me my 3rd. I am running an enclosed trailer. I didn't see if you mentioned open or closed. If it's open and you can get the walkbehind sideways maybe. I cannot get my walkbhind sideways in my enclosed trailer.

10. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I started with a 12, then a 14 and now an 18.
    Wish I had a 20.
    Bigger is more versatile.