Is 21" Exmark the same as 21" Toro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bill8379, Mar 27, 2008.

1. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

Also, I was just told that the 26" Exmark has been improved any feed back on this?

I need a small commercial mower and was looking at Toro but they cost an extra $150 and a dealer told me the Exmark 21 is essentially the same machine as the Toro 21. Mind you he doesn't sell Toros..

Exmark 21 with BBC is $1350, the 26" is $1750:confused: (Canadian, every thing costs more up here)

(Please don't recommend I buy a Quick)
  2. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, the Exmark Metro 21 and the Toro Proline 21 are essentially the same machines with some minor differences. Either one you choose, you're getting one of the best commercial 21's out there.
  3. tb8100

tb8100 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from TX

you shood buy a quik!!!!!!

my quikc tirhty six iz teh best mooer evar!!!!!

4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Quickie 32 and be done with it. I've owned and we've used every mower you mentioned, including that POS Exmark 26. I don't care what they did to it, anyone who says it's "good" or above is making a profit selling them, or someone who doesn't seriously do this for a living.

So I recommended Quickie, not Quick.

5. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

they are similar. I like the feel and controls of the metro. The toro def cuts better and mulches better. As far as bagging no differences.
  6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Exmark is a beefed up, more heavy duty version of Toro
  7. bill8379

Yeah, I was searching and reading previous threads and that seems to be the consensus. The Toro has kickers under the deck and the Exmark doesn't.
  8. bill8379

The 32 quick is wider then my 36" Toro so I think I'll take a pass. I need to fit in small gates and even through a door way.
  9. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Bill 8379

I'm from the Toronto area. The Metro 21" and Toro 21" are identical except for the fact that the toro has kickers under the deck that supposedly assist with mulching. The toro has beefier handles and different control system too. The exmark also has the old style height adjusters which apparently work better too. I've owned both and I'll have to say that the Metro cut better, mulched better and has more operator friendly. The last toro commercial I had was a non-BBC kawasaki powered version which left a terrible cut and uneven as well.

The prices you have been quoted seem high. Down here, the metro 21" non-BBC go for $1139 while the ones with the BBC go for about $1250. The toros are $1265 (non-BBC) and 1300 (BBC).

Stay away from the 26". I had one of the earlier versions and it was a nightmare.
  10. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Is it really? I had no idea.

Toro 21, not Exmark would be my choice.