Is 33$ accurate

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rross, Oct 10, 2002.

1. rross

rross LawnSite Member

Is 33$ an accurate price for 1/4 or 10,000 Sqft w/ a house on it and minimal trimming???:eek:

2. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

You need to find your costs, and not worry about how much others are charging. If you are lower, then you will get clients. If you are higher and are worth it, you will get great clients.

To answer the question, i would say you are quite overpriced. That lawn would go into my minimum categoy of $25 for res.

3. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

If you are talking 10,000 (builders 1/4 acre) and not a true 1/4, not that the 800 or so sq.ft. is that big a difference and are then taking away the house, garage, driveway, beds, pool??, etc. and are left with somewhere in the area of 6-7K sq.ft., then YES, $33 is about the right price in my neighborhood. I usually go in increments of $5 ... just easier seeing as I try to train all of my customers to pay in CASH ... EVERY WEEK !!! I also measure the as close to exact lawn area sq.ft. as is possibly, not just take a property measurement and give a price from that. You can have 1/4 acres that have as much if not more lawn area than some heavily wooded 1/2's or bigger. Be fair to the customer and only charge for what you are cutting or applying fert to, but CHARGE for it ....:D

4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

$33 is about right for the average. It might be lower for some or higher for others.

5. rross

rross LawnSite Member

I'm talking 1/4 acre with house some(4-7) trees and a driveway.. I am mowing and trimming, and blowing... I have been at 33 or 35$ so anyone else think this is high low, or nearly right on the money??? takes me only like 20 or 25 minutes myself to do them

6. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

i charge $35 for 10,000 sq. ft. w/minimal trimming/edging.

7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i agree with mac lawn. in time u will know what u have to have to make what u got to have. i pay some attention to what competitors chg. but not much .
    they got thier mo and i got mine.

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

thats true awm-its different for everyone

9. rross

rross LawnSite Member

but inorder to do business quality aside, you have to be competitive, what would you charge??? just curious, sorry if to personal,,I know how those crazy lawn pro's can get??lol

10. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

So you 're saying that you are not a lawn pro? YOu need to find out what is competitive in your area. People on here may or may noy disclose their price(s), to you. I gave you mine. There are some around here that charge less. You have a lot to learn about this business! You have to know how much profit you are making and how much goes for expenses and such. How old are you?