Is $400 a good price for an encore pro-line power thatch machine??

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by BryPaulD, May 2, 2005.

1. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Found one for sale here locally. I stopped and looked at it and it is very clean, has a 5 hp briggs motor, and I called about it and the guy sounded older than the hills, so I'm assuming it was just used around his house, not commercially. Thanks for input :)

2. Lawn Wolf

Lawn Wolf LawnSite Member
    from 77090

Hell yeah.... Those things go for $1400 to $2200 dollars. That's a good price. :cool2:

3. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

Thank you :) I was thinking that it was alright, someone else told me they ran about $1000.00 or so. I'll stop back and see if I can talk to the guy, make sure it runs good and such. Thank you again.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I bought my parker thatch-o-matic from a guy for $350. I then had a friend in the rental business that gave me all of his extra parts he had for his machines when he bought new ones. So I got all three types of reels for my machine.

That sucker made me a lot of payup I have put a lot into it. Those damn spring tines are expensive. ARGH!!!

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

Before you do that, give me his address and let me check it out for you. Then I will let you know about it. OK????