1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is 450 hours a Lot? (exmark)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Goble's Lawn Service, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Goble's Lawn Service

Goble's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

I have the chance to buy a Exmark z 52" with a 23 kohler, comes with a ultra vac and a jrco dethatcher for 5900....is 450 hours when you start seeing things god wrong? or is it just broken in?

thanks a lot guys
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

If it was maintained, (especially if it had synthetic oil in it) it is just broken in.

If it was abused, it probably is just broken.
  3. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. That is the exact mower I want. Brand new out the door it was about $9000 (if memory serves me). 450 isnt' necessarily a lot of hours. It all depends on who owned it. Was it an LCO who beat it to death and didn't change the fluids and didn't lube it. Or was it a home owner who treated it like a second child.
  4. Goble's Lawn Service

Goble's Lawn Service LawnSite Member

The add said he had changed the oil/filter every 50 hours....

I appreciate the replies....

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

I bought mine in Jan or Feb, and it has almost 600 hours on it, and still works like brand new. Starts perfectly, everything. If i work late, the next morning i dont even need to choke it, cranks right up.
  6. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

7. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

450 hrs really isn't that much if a machine has been taken care of. We have a mower with 550 hrs and its like new and we've took care of it and expect it to last 2000 hrs before it starts giving major problems because we run it over some rough ground. On normal yards a mower with regular maintenence will last probibly 3000 hrs for an air cooled engine before it starts giving problems so to answer your question that sounds like a good deal to me.