1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is $5000 reas. for a 99 Flatlander?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Nov 21, 2001.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

Mower has 600 hours on it. The owner says he does not let his employees drive it , so I guess it's not been abused. He's selling to move up to Diesel. Also will I be able to use the Flex deck on this used mower.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

600 hours on a machine that has been taken care of is not very many. We put that many hours on our old Chopper this season and I have more hours than that on my 2001 diesel. I would think that was a good deal if it hasn't been all beat up.

The Flex Deck will fit the previous 60" decks with a little modification. I can't remember exactly when they put the antiscalp wheel on the left side, but if has none there, it should bolt right up after welding a small piece on to put a bolt in. If it has one, you have to take the left part of the bracket off and you can get a bolt on bracket if you take the Flex Deck off for any reason and want an antiscalp wheel on the left side.

I hope this helps. If you have any more questions on this, email me and I might be able to answer more questions.
  3. That would be a good sized chuck of doe that you could put on brand new one ,althougt with just 600 hrs it sounds if its in good condition like a fair deal
  4. Almost half the price for a 2 year old good condition machine with low hours.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!

If not tell him to post it in the equipment for sale forum. It will be gone in less than a day!!!!