Is a 1/2" always a 1/2"?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Aug 9, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

If my dreams come true and I end up getting a 37" Hustler Hydro WB, can a mow a yard with a 21" and the 37". The Hustler mowing deck height is adjustable by 1/4". If I set the Hustler and Toro both to 2.5 inches, will they actually both mow the exact same height? I'm just wondering if you can mix brands like this and expect their heights to be exactly the same or atleast to not notice a difference between the two cutting side by side. Thanks for any help with this topic?

2. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

As direct answer to the question, if adjusted properly then they should deliver the same cutting height. Unless one weighs more and sinks down in the lawn. (Happens in St.Augustine.)

3. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

If you take the time to measure the cut height yourself and adjust accordingly then yes you should be able to get them to within visual parity. On my Gravely listed height at 4.5" it actually cuts at 4". On my Scag, listed cut height of 3.5" is actually 4". After I measured we are now able to cut without any noticable difference.