Is a 1997 Grasshopper 721 worth $6500.00?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Goldkress Kennels, Apr 19, 2006.

1. Goldkress Kennels

Goldkress Kennels LawnSite Member

What do you think? Is a 1997 Grasshopper 721, Kabota liquid cooled 3 cylinder 21 hp, 61 inch deck, front mount, manual lift, noncommercially used lawn mower with 600 hours worth $6500.00? The bank didn't have any loan value information for Grasshopper's, period. :confused:
  2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

No. Even though it has only 600 hours I'd offer maybe $2500
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Not even close to being worth that much. I don't care of it was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.
  4. Goldkress Kennels

If the bank doesn't have an accurate table to reference for the value of a used Grasshopper then where would I acquire this information. I am sure the dealers have a depreciation formula they use to determine it. I guess I will call a dealer and see if I can find out something.
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I am a Grasshopper dealer. Without seeing the machine, I would say it is worth from $3500.00 to maybe $4500.00 tops. I would be inclined to go with something near the lower number though.
  6. No way it's worth nearly that much.:nono: I'm with mowingman, 3500-4500, more towards the lower end.
  7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Is that 600 hrs of bush hoggin twice a yr, no oil changes, filters. Do they still owe that much on it? Maybe they rolled all there payments, cars, boat, mower, etc... together and that is the amount still owed so there trying to get out free and clear. I would offer them a price that is comparable to the trade in value and nothing more. Nuf said...
  8. Goldkress Kennels

Cutinedge, I believe you've hit the nail on the head..."nuf said."
  9. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

I would be curious to find out what they paid for it almost 10 years ago. I am not an expert in this or even close but that seems way to high.:waving:

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

2500 is about all its worth and it also has the crappy wheel motors that break axels