Is a 2001 26hp 60" Dixie w 800 hours worth more than $4500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Jul 19, 2003.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

My friends thinking of trading his Dixie in for a New Generac 72". The dealer offered him $4500. Is this a good deal.

2. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Not really, but then again, we haven't seen it, or know how many hours are on it

3. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I would say that trade-in price is more than fair. Around here, the rule-of-thumb is that a mower loses 50% of it's value as soon as you take it out of the dealership and put a few hours on it.:(

4. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

ahh i disagree about 50% loss... yes the largest decrease happens as soon as u put hours on it.. but this should depreciate even slower than a car becuase it is a money making asset, not like a car and cars don't e ven dep;reciate that fast

5. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

I traded my year 2000 XWD2600-60 with 870 hours last spring. My dealer gave a trade-in allowance of $8199.00. That was $4000.00 difference on a new 2002 XWD2600-60.

6. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry, I didn't see the 800 hours at the top. Trade in that is about all you'll get, I would try to sell it outright if you don't need it. I personally would keep it for $4500

7. Yup $4500 is good money for that mower, they have no worth outside of commercial cutters.

8. Lawn DOG

Lawn DOG LawnSite Senior Member

If he can get that much for it he should kiss the dealer. I wouldn't give that much for a new DC.