Is a cub cadet commercial worth a try 0% for 36 months

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by J lawn, May 25, 2004.

1. J lawn

J lawn LawnSite Member

I have a woods front mount and Im looking to get a mid mount. I know cub cadet, kubota, and ferris all have the 0% for 36 months. I like the ride of the ferris but know guys that have had problems with the suspension sagging over a couple of years and it is alot of moving parts. kubota ZD 21 is a nice mower but Im not sure what to think of it. I have looked at the cub cadet and seems to be a nice mower and has everything greasable. Spindles same as the scag timkin tapered with popet valve. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Im driving myself nuts second guessing everything.

thanks
    jason

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

that cubs are a good mower. There are a lot of things that I would different with them though.

3. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I have 4 cubs, great machines, good cutters

4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a Cub Tank and it never broke down but it would only cut at about half the speed of my Kubota. It all comes down to HOW much you want to spend. More money equals more productive.

5. thebruken

thebruken LawnSite Member
    from KY

I believe the cubs to be very well built machines, but I did buy the kubota zd21 and like it very much, why are you hesitant about the kubota?

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Any of the 3 are very well built machines. Shock wear out on mowers too. I wouldn't let that be the reason I didn't look at the Ferris real hard. Kubota makes good machines and the motors will probably outlast the steel on the machines. Cubs are built well and I know several people that have been happy with them. The real thing is you need to demo each machine on your properties to see which you like best and will work within you company structure.

7. J lawn

J lawn LawnSite Member

Thanks for all of the replys. I have been busy with all of the rain. I took a closer look at the ferris and the Cub tank. The Kubota I think is out becouse of the price and I demoes one and the cut wasnt to good but it had the wavy mulch blades on it. boy is it a heavy machine. I didnt get much info on the drive system I dont think that the guy knows himself. there is no ferris to demo apperently. still a tough decision. Im driving my wife crazy asking her opinion on the finance end. Im going to try and demo the tank tomorrow.

thanks
    jason

8. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

forget the tank.. Get a Lesco Z-Two for $2,000 less... Its the same machine too!:)

9. 2manymowers

2manymowers LawnSite Member

The retail prices listed on the Lesco website for the 72" Z are considerably higher than the Cub Tank 72". I got a quote of $8399 for a new 72" Tank with the 33 hp Generac. (retail-$9999)
    The Lesco 72 with the same engine is listed at $11,750 or so. Are you saying I could get a Lesco 72 for $6399?

10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I was curious about those lesco prices too. Grounds Maintenance just had an article about Z's and the break down in price and the lesco was more than the cubs for which I couldn't figure out why