1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is a Jungle jack lift safe?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sure it is but by looking at it I'm thinking I don't know if I want to get under a ZTR with that holding it up. I'm sure it is much safer than the pictures would lead you to believe. Your thoughts.
  2. echo8287

echo8287 LawnSite Member
    from Ga

I don't have one, so I can't really judge the product. I have been looking at all the mower lifts because I think I can build a better one. With just one lifting point seems like it wouldn't be as safe as if it had 2 points and maybe a locking safety latch where it can't flip back over. I guess it has to be made universal so it will work on a variety of mower brands. It also looks like it doesn't lift the mower up high enough to me, I could be wrong on this point. I know I asked here awhile back about mower lifts, and got some good responses. I have been using a car jack, with a piece of 4x4 on it and it doesn't really lift the mower quite high enough. I need about 4 or 5 inches more, using the impact that I've got so it won't be a pita. I have sent Scag two improvements on their mower design in regards to blade changes. David
  3. tacoma200

I run my Scag with one wheel on the ramp as other do. I use the impact on the top nut and the blades just fall off. Every now an then I have to hold the bottom bolt if it's really tight.
  4. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

We use one with 0 problems, just use the safty clip. They work great.
  5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

I can hardly lift my 66 Triton with mine and Ill never put myself under it on that jungle jack.
  6. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

I raise my 60 inch Triton with no problem. Plenty of room to take blades off with air wrench. I do put two jack stands at each side of the mower deck as a precaution. One of the best tools I ever bought.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

maybe you should start working out. i use one to lift our 72" ferris z's with no problem.
  8. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

I use one to lift my ferris.
  9. greg1

greg1 LawnSite Member

I use the jungle jack on my 657 quik trak with no problem, i also use stands for extra safety. luv the JJ
  10. tacoma200

That's what I was thinking by looking at the pictures, which can be misleading. I would want jack stands.