Is a Mini Storage a commerical account?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bigmudder77, Apr 12, 2007.

1. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

i got a call to give a bid on a mini storage place and i wanted to know if any one have mowed them before and what they charge? there isnt to much grass and its gravel so i wont have to edge any thing just mow and trim.
  2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Labor + overhead = what you charge.
  3. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

We did one a few years back. It took 20 minutes to mow and trim and about an hour to blow since we had to blow the trash and everything. I think we were getting about $100 per cut bi-weekly but that was about 4 years ago, today would be close to $150.
  4. troy03

troy03 LawnSite Member

Don't forget the profit margin.
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

C'mon Epic.... quit being so simplistic... :D
  6. bigmudder77

You really think i can get $150 out of this guy a week for this job? i was thinking like $50 a week
  7. TFmike

TFmike LawnSite Member

my blades last longer cutting grass than they do when we use them to create a man made dust storm.
  8. ncls

ncls LawnSite Senior Member

I do a couple of Uncle Bob's Self Storage units by me. 2 guys 1/2 hour each. Each property I get 60.00. There insurance requirements are higher than normal though. Because of a very large commercial job we do, we have to have that level of insurance. So it makes it economical for us to do. You may want to inquire about insurance requirements before bidding. You would have to raise your bid to cover the increased costs.
  9. bigmudder77

i got 2 million is that enough
  10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Id charge what you feel its worth to you. If you can make a profit from $50 bucks and it only takes you 15-20 mins then do it if not charge a little more so you make profit off the job