1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is a step saver for a Quick 36 Worth it?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RickR1818, Apr 23, 2009.

1. RickR1818

RickR1818 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to get some opinions. I have a Quick 36 single hydro. I love the machine but hate walking behind it all day on bigger yards. Is the step saver easy to use and turn? Is it worth it if I can find a deal on one?

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It's worth it !! It will actually make it a little easier with the single hydro because it puts you somewhat higher on the handle bars and grip controls to steer.

3. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Never, ever, ever, walk behind a walkbehind. What's the matter with you?? Do you Love inflicting abuse on yourself??

4. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

I'm a newbie to lawncare and have never used a walk behind. I am looking at the Quick products. My question is, "How do you turn a single hydro? How would you do it on a step saver?"

5. IRRITECH

IRRITECH LawnSite Senior Member

Don't have a clue. Never run a single hydro.

6. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

Maybe a push on one side and a pull on the other?!?!?! But as you are making that turn, the outside wheel (outside of the turn) is turning correctly, but the inside wheel is turning the opposite direction you want it to. Am I wrong? Do you disengage the wheels when turning? That would make sense. Thanks, Pistol