Is A Stripping Kit Worth The Money

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Masters, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

I am looking at getting a stripping kit for my toro 253. Is it worth the money our can i build one for less that will work just as well?

2. KathysLGC

KathysLGC LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes they are but you can build one for less. Do a search on home made striping kits and you'll see a lot of pics for ideas. If you go with a chain kit you'll probably be in a price range of $100. for materials depending on how wide you make the kit.

3. cward

cward LawnSite Member

I think stripe kits are well worth the price. Many mowers stripe nicely with no kit. If you have the means, like Playboy said, build one, they are easy.
    Playboy,
    What happened to your little signature guy telling me my iso or isp??

4. KathysLGC

Internal tree huggers thought I was a hacker and removed it so now i added probably the longest GIF any one has seen LoL

5. cward

cward LawnSite Member

That's to bad. I thought it was pretty cool. Oh well.

6. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Playboy,
    Just watched your GIF, way cool. By the way, you'd better get to mowing or something productive. You've got way to much time on your hands to come up with that one. LOL!

7. KathysLGC

Tell me about it! I just refinished a trailer and I'm starting to sand one I have for sale. I bought a bunch of new/used stuff so i got lots of washing to do. I've sharpened all my blades so I'm just looking for things to sharpen. Yeah i'm bored..... LoL

8. Green Masters

Green Masters LawnSite Member

What is the best means for making a striping kit? Also where to mount it.

9. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Many of the manufacturers attach them to the back of the deck. Some, like Big League, make a kit that can put a roller in front or in back of the rear tire. Personally, I prefer a striper behind the rear tire. The attachments can be placed on the frame under the motor or behind it.

10. kipcom

kipcom LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

If your cutting "Wrigley field" otherwise no. :cool2: