Is a tire a part?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnman_scott, Mar 1, 2005.

1. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Very simple question here. Say you go to the mower shop and buy a choke cable, a tire, and a wheel bearing. Did you not buy 3 different parts for your mower?

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Yes sounds like a part to me.So whatz up

3. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

If it has a part number...it's a part.

4. lawnman_scott

I was told when I bought my exmark that parts were gauranteed next day. Well I needed a tire today that wasnt in, and they said it was only for parts that would keep you down. I guess tires arent really needed in their mind. So I had to travel to the next county to get a simple tire. I was however offered the wrong tire, but it couldnt be put on today.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I'll bet there are going to be a lot "non-parts" that can't be delivered to you in 24 hours. Was this dealer joking when he said he could get parts in 24Hours??? Is he bigger than the JT Thomas in Chicago...he takes 5 days and I had two items on my order today that was BACKORDERED!

6. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

So....let me get this straight, since a tire isn't a part that will keep you down; Can run your walk behind with only three wheels? I don't think I would want to try. Seems to me to be a fairly important part to keep you going.

7. richard coffman

richard coffman LawnSite Senior Member

you would think they would have a simple part as a tire. I tend to keep spair parts around just in case i might need one. allways better to be prepared. learned that a few years ago when one of my mowers went down and didn't have a spare to use. hope u got another mower to use.

Respectfully,

Richad/Owner
    salt lake city, Utah :D :D :D

8. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I like and run Exmarks, but to be honest with you, they need to keep a closer eye on their dealers. Your Exmark owners manual has a parts breakdown in it. As someone else stated, if it has a number, it is a part. I guess the only rub could be if Exmark doesn't manufacture the tire (which they dont) they may not consider it a "part".

9. lawnman_scott

Yeah thats probably their way out, but thats half the mower then. Its not even that. Itts that no one had one. Then the ones I got couldnt be mounted. So I had to do it.

10. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member