Is an 03 Lazer with 600 Hrs worth more than $5000?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shearbolt, Sep 13, 2003.

1. shearbolt

shearbolt LawnSite Member

My buddy wants to trade his 27 hp Lazer at a dealer for a skidloader and the dealer said it was only worth $4000. I thought it would be worth more .

2. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That machine is about $7800 new. The dealer would probably sell an 03 with 600 hrs for $5500-$6000 here in FL.

3. Frank2

Frank2 LawnSite Member

That seems low to me, though trade ins never get you much. Tell him to put that thing on ebay.

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Dealer has to make something somewhere. Either on the item purchased, the trade-in or a little on both. But if he is getting a good discount on the skid loader he should expect no better than wholesale on the Lazer. If he is paying near MSRP for the skid, he could expect better trade-in. Best deal for your buddy...sell outright. Easiest thing may be to just trade it in and take some loss, depends on how big of a hurry he is in.

5. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'll give him 4100,don't even have to look at it.--I'd say its worth about 6000.Everyone would like to have a 27/60 lazer.

6. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

you can have my new 03 lazer 60 27 hp kohler for free.its junk

7. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

;) Just joking or really having problems?:confused:

8. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Nah, I want the 27 HP Diahatsu Diesel :D That sounds a little low, although dealers don't really give you much on trade-ins. I've found that dealers give you about 1,000 to 1,500 less than retail value for trade-in, that's just how they make their money for having it on their lot.

9. work_it

work_it LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be right there. What's your address?:D

10. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Listen trade in mowers are cash in the pocket for dealers. Especially homeowner mowers. A cust. comes in and trades his little 21" mower for a new one dealers says he will give him $40 bucks for it on trade. Dealer cleans it up puts in a $1.99 filter a 1/2 quart of oil, a $1.59 plug and a $5.00 blade.

Sets mower outside for $100.00 cash tax included. Dealer puts about $70.00 into pocket.

On residential riders it can be 2-3 hundred dollars and commercial equipment a grand or better.

You can almost always get more for your stuff if YOU sell it.