Is any one manufacturer of landscape trailer better than another ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by sss33, May 14, 2005.

1. sss33

sss33 LawnSite Member

I am looking to purchase either a 6x12 or a 6x10 landscape trailer, and was wondering if one manufacturer was better than another. They all seem to be fairly close in price. $1200-$1400 depending on the size. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. AlbeLawn

AlbeLawn LawnSite Member

I owned a Big-tex trailer and i was amazed at there attention to detail. It was one of the best trailer i have ever pulled and hauled on. They have a web site to help you out and see if there is a dealer in your area.

3. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

YES.

I've noticed the paint peeling on my trailer in the first year- some jacks are cheaper, axles and bearings may be cheaper. Just look closely at what you're buying. Usually cheaper is not better...

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Every body around here has the TSC special. Which is complete junk. I bought a Topbrand trailer, which are a lot better built. I loved it. (sold and replaced with an enclosed trailer) I now have a wells cargo enclosed, the best of the best.

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Parker Performance last year and its built real solid.I only thing I can say is some of the paint has chipped off the fenders.

6. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i bought a 77"x14' single axle trailer from load-trail www.loadtrail.com and it is a great trailer, i think i paid $1,150 for mine. its a nationally known company so you should be able to find a dealer near you.
    go with the 14' over the 10 or 12 not only for length, but it has a wrap around tongue which makes it a much stronger trailer, the 10 and 12 dont wrap around

http://www.loadtrail.com/sa7710.htm

7. UNISCAPER

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

All we run is Wells Cargo. There is one specific reason for that aside from being well built. There are a number of well built trailers on the market, but Wells is uniform and consistant with it's trailers, which makes it easy for service with no down time. Other manufacturers structurally are sound, but, they play musical purchasing when buying axles, brakes, tongues, etc. The nightmare comes when you need parts and nnot give your serial number to the manufacturers rep and get them without showing the parts for comparison. If you have to do that, it means you have a downed trailer for a week or more while the manufacturer waits for parts, which, may or may not be the same ones you need.

Down time is everything. In 15 years of running Wells Cargo products, we have not lost more than 4 hours in down time to brake replacements. I cannot say the same for a couple of the flat deck equipment trailers we have.

8. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Why only a 10ft or a 12ft? I have a 7x12 and its way too small! I can't put everything on it at one time so I have to decide which lawns to mow in what order,it works out after a couple of weeks now that I know the route but what a PITA! Next year its going to be a 16 or 18ft for sure.If you can swing it I would look into at least a 16ft. And buy a better brand don't go with the cheapest! Thats what I did I mean it hauls the loads but its only 1 1/2 seasons old and it looks like its 10yrs old. :waving:

9. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

I have Diamond C......very well built..........it is a 6.5'x12' tandem. That is plenty big for me. also I hauled 5 yards of mulch on it with no problem....it could have taken 7-8...

Derek

10. gwwilson

gwwilson LawnSite Member

ringo trailer close to home
    rt 212, between hellertown & quakertown pa
    they mfg and have any size you want................