1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone a landscape maintenance provider for Wal-Mart?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by SKB Industries, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SKB Industries

SKB Industries LawnSite Member

Is anyone a landscape maintenance provider for Wal-Mart? I am trying to get my pre-qualification into Wal-Mart to be accepted as a vendor, but I do not have a contact, and the numbers I have called have led me nowhere. Thanks for the information!

Erik Staiger
    SKB Industries
  2. CkLandscapingOrlando

CkLandscapingOrlando LawnSite Senior Member

I use to be. Till they wanted the lowiest price they could find. Which was half what I charged. I would'nt waste my time if there like they are here
  3. Mahoney3223

Mahoney3223 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I've tried but they want a ridiculous lowball price
  4. Southern Elegance

Southern Elegance LawnSite Member

ive heard brickmen has got all of them now
  5. alteeter

alteeter LawnSite Member

Not even if they wanted to pay a fair price.........You wont ever see me at a walmart.............especially to spend my $$$
  6. TJ LAWN

TJ LAWN LawnSite Member

Contact...USM United States Maintenance...They have the Contract for Most Wal-marts....They have a web site where you can get all the info you need....
  7. Ford2000

Ford2000 LawnSite Member

I've done work for them.Your in Business to MAKE MONEY honest don't bother waisting your time.
  8. familylawncare

familylawncare LawnSite Member

We were contacted by USM to do WalMart snow removal in our area. After jumping through many hoops to get "qualified", as of these date, STILL have not been paid. Oh yeah, they did tell me that being a snow contractor would give a leg up on lawn maintenance. Have tried to contact them numerous times, they never call back. Even funnier, got a call yesterday from USM, asking for company info, wanted to put us into database so we could bid on lawns....even though we were a USM approved vendor,or so we thought. I then asked WHEN lawn contracts would be decided. Answer...they may start allowing bids in next few weeks. Geez! They do not have a clue about what they are doing.
  9. Think Green

Think Green LawnSite Silver Member

All the many hoops and barrels you need to jump through just to get the account, is the same number of loopholes, Wal-Mart has in not paying you!!!
  10. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The WalMarts near me are handled by a smaller local outfit 3 Crews and he claims that the pay is good He says he gets paid at time of each service with cash through a payout.