IS Anyone else going to EXPO Kentucky?

Discussion in 'Tanaka' started by Bel Air Bob, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

I posted a week ago under 'network with others in your area' looking for someone to share a ride to Kentucky from Baltimore area. I've got 50 hits, but no responses. Isn't there anyone else out there near Baltimore, like Philadelphia, Deleware, Washington D.C., Virginia, going to Expo next week? I will be driving there and really would like to have someone along for the ride, not to mention saving on cost..but no one has responded. I am starting to think I will get no takers. I know there is someone out there, but they must not be looking at my post..so now I am curious, anyone else going to Kentucky next week? I mean from anywhere. Anybody else crazy enough to drive 10 hours like me, or you gonna fly? Just wondering..also, anyone been there before can tell me something about it? It's my first time. I want to learn about business some more before expanding next year. I am still small time but plan on getting some help in spring. Is Expo really the best oppurtunity to try out the most equipment like I have heard?

2. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

If it's your first time, make sure you do some searching online (if you have not already) and find a map of the grounds. http://expo.mow.org/ (but you've probably already been to the site if you are already registered to go).

Take the time (again, if you have not already) to highlight what you really want to check out, draw yourself a walking map already to make sure you know where you want to go and what time to be at it (if there are any special demonstrations, etc) .

Drive safe, and have fun.

3. GiddyUpGo

GiddyUpGo LawnSite Member
    from Arab,AL

I went to Expo last year and enjoyed it. I would be going this year, but I'm riding in the Livestrong Challenge in Austin,TX that weekend. Expo is MASSIVE. I spent the better part of 2 days walking :walking: around looking at everything. I was impressed with the displays/demos inside and out.
    FYI... Parking was $5 each day.If you want to attend the free classes, get there early before the seats are gone.You can try out most of the equipment outside,and some of the earth moving equipment you can actually dig with. You can test drive the mowers except you can't judge cut quality, because the grass is already cut.
    You should get some ideas for expanding, but if you get bored Six Flags is right across the street. Oh, don't miss the free brat fry at the Kohler tent. Best wishes:usflag:

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

This is my 4th year it's a lot of fun. They sent me a map of the inside and outside. I will be driving 5 hours of course I coming out of TN. I'm from Maryland
    just outside the Hagerstown area. I would like to meet up with you and anyone else from Lawmsite.Hope to see you there.

5. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Well this will be my first year also and I am driving about 12.5 hours to get there.