1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone else having SRM-261T carb problems?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn Enforcement FM, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Hell on Blades

Hell on Blades LawnSite Senior Member

I have not read the entire thread, but look at the other end of the motor. I had to clean the spark arrestor and that solved the problem.

2. RBatten

RBatten LawnSite Member
    from FL

There is no oil under the clutch. When I changed the coil everything under the cover was clean. It it really worth taking the whole thing apart? A new one goes for under 300 bucks. Someone was raving about his Husky 326 that he picked up for 200. I know a gasket is cheap but would the ports go from working fine to not working properly in the span of 10 minutes?

Ran great, turned it off moved to next account and the thing didn't work right. That doesn't sound like clogged ports to me.

3. DaveyBlue32

DaveyBlue32 LawnSite Member

I know they don't like 40-1 at all! 50-1 only ... I have a question, I have an old 2100 echo that starts right up and runs great for 1-2 mins. then bogs down and dies...what's up? cleaned the carb out ... do I need a kit?

4. Doublewide6

Doublewide6 LawnSite Member

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

6. Bumpmaster

Bumpmaster LawnSite Fanatic

Just got my Echo 770 back, had the problem when cold bogging down an shutting off. After the original Carb was cleaned twice an two new plugs replaced an problem was not resolved. Got a new carb seems to be the fix.

7. DaveyBlue32

8. DaveyBlue32

I'm glad you dudes are on here ... I cleaned my carb ... then rebuilt my carb ... and could not get this echo 2100 to run ... I pulled off the tank breather and now she;s screamin' ..man! I'll check that first next time ...LOL Thanks for the Knowledge! I was at homedepot and found a fuel replacement package ... has all lines and filter and breather and a new cap washer for like $12 bucks ... that's a really good deal ...right?

9. Doublewide6

Doublewide6 LawnSite Member

10. DaveyBlue32

I found that screw cover ...man I'm gonna need some Bi-Focals... and what did you use a jewelers screw driver or something ... gonna check at the harbor freight for something that small?*trucewhiteflag* LOL:drinkup: