Is Anyone Ready to Call it Quits?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by echeandia, Jul 19, 2007.

1. echeandia

echeandia LawnSite Bronze Member

I have read many posts about how difficult things are for people in this business. I was wondering if any of you are thinking about throwing in the towel. Sure things could be better for me but I am in this for the long haul. What about you?

2. richallseasons

richallseasons LawnSite Senior Member

Quit is not in my vocabulary, there is just no way that I would ever go back to working for someone else.... no way no matter how hard it gets...

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Same here. Failure is not an option.

It sure stinks right now with the drought but I'm hanging in there.

4. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

Not unless I found somebody to pay me substantially better than what I could potentially make doing what I already do. In other words, no way!

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I would if the right opportunity presented its self...

But, the "right opportunity" would never happen because I love working for myself and not for someone else.

6. Lohse's Lawn Service

Lohse's Lawn Service LawnSite Member
    from US

I agree with everyone else. I've never had an actual "job". I love the fact that if I play my cards right, I can have 2-3 months off during the winter and still be able of financially survive; comfortably, of course.

7. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

I am waiting for everyone else around here to quit.

Tim

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Might be a tad early to declare that you will be in for the long haul:hammerhead:

9. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Heck yes I am ready for the towel - but it is wrapped around the next academia position I will fulfill once my business is sold.
    Age and heat does not equal happiness in my book.
    That said, I have many avenues to pursue in the turfgrass industry once I sell out - which I will.

10. snowjeep

snowjeep LawnSite Senior Member

I was looking at the towel but just have to make it through this year. I keep getting snow plowing accounts but not cuttings. I may make more plowing this year. Tell me thats not ass backwards!!!!