Is anyone still using hand crank hose reels?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by mngrassguy, Apr 15, 2008.

1. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I've never seen one around here.

2. turf hokie

turf hokie LawnSite Silver Member

on my 50 gal tanks we hand crank the 3/8 hose but all the other tanks with 1/2 we have electric reels

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 50 gallon skid spray on a trailer for those odd ball special jobs. I perfer a hand crank reel on this unit since I don't use it on a daily basic. Less maintenances.

4. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Hand crank on my 50 gallon tank as well.
    Looking into a 200 gallon with an electric spool but gotta buy more ammo first - the ex wife has started to snoop around my house again.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Steve

Save your Money and don't buy ammo. Her Lawyer will get your guns as his part of your assets. I had a wonderful 50-50 divorce, She got the assets and I got the Liabilities. I am sure your divorce will be wonderful also.

6. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Now that's funny---except that I had the same settlement---TWICE---I'm not bitter though----It only takes 14 or 15 years to get back on your feet.

7. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Not to hi-jack the thread but I actually got divorced about a week ago. The problem is my ex hasn't completed some of the asset evaluation stuff the judge ordered her too. She thinks she is getting the short end so she is coming around my new place photographing stuff - and since she originally was arrested for shooting at me . . . . . . .

8. PHS

PHS LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear about the divorce problems guys. A buddy of mine who spent the last ten years BUSTIN' HIS ASS providing a good living for his family and taking almost complete care of the 3 kids while the sow lived on the couch in a wine bottle lost the kids and 50%. It's disgusting that she gets to live on easy street now.

Ric, that's a good point about a rarely used reel. In my experience electric reels need be used regularly or they have problems if they are out in the weather. My last spray truck had 3/8, 1/2, and 3/4 hose reels. The number of problems with each seemed to correlate to use. Less use = more problems.

9. heritage

heritage LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a hand crank on my little 100 gal-3/8" hose, mounted at the back corner of the pickup. It can be easily removed with 2 bolts, to make spare room in a jiffy. I have quick disconnects on ALL the hose ends too, so it's easy and efficent.

Electric reel for the 300 gal, in the trailer.

Pete

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Russ

There is no use of crying about it because the next guy has a better story than yours. The guy after that has a even a better story.