1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone still waiting for Fert. delivery?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by The Turfinator, Mar 13, 2008.

1. The Turfinator

The Turfinator LawnSite Member

I ordered my Fertilizer in January from Helena and they said delivery would be the second week in Feb. That came and went, then beginning of March, now they say they are still waiting for it to be made from Spring Valley and can not give me a date. Has anyone had any problems like this? I would just like to know I have my rd.1 product when the weather breaks (Thats why I ordered in January). Is this due to Spring valley unable to supply a tall order due to shortages or what. I don't know what to think.
  2. no_longer_lurker

no_longer_lurker LawnSite Member

we did order an Anderson's product in mid December and was told we'd get delivery in mid Jan.
    It didnt show up till mid Feb.

that doesnt help you, I know
    Dont know what to tell ya?
  3. J.J.

J.J. LawnSite Member

I recieved my order from Helena about a week after I ordered it, although it was only 1.5 tons and some chemicals.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer said Spring Valley was behind schedule because of all the salt they had to bag up. However, he said everything would be here by the time I needed it. He also has a partial supply left over from last year--which I bought in December.
  5. MStine315

MStine315 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm waiting on a 22 ton split load of Barricade and Dimension. "Booked" it in November with early March ship date. Starting to kind of get nervous. I like having the extra room in the shop, but I know when I need it, I'm going to really need it. My original plans (in January) was to start fert. Monday (17th), but with the temps and snow I'm at least a week off from that, so I"m still ok. I guess it's comforting to know I'm not alone.