1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is anyone using Cub Cadet Commercial WB's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cmfetty, Jan 24, 2005.

1. cmfetty

cmfetty LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone is or has used cub cadet wb's before. I would like some feedback on the cub cadet line of commercial equipment.
    thanks, chris
  2. Ky. Jones

Ky. Jones LawnSite Member

I have wondered the same thing. I know they are new to the commercial side of things but they have made good "residential" mowers in the past. They are offering great finance options and good prices. I just don't know alot about them.
  3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Anyone using Lesco mowers is using Cub Commercial mowers because thats who makes the Lesco's. I havn't really heard any complaints about them and people using them say they cut and stripe good.
  4. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I have got a ZTR Cub. Love it I also had a zero% interest loan. Do a thread search for this matter and you will get alot of feedback. Mine runs great and very good cut, but again I do not have a Wb.
  5. cmfetty

cmfetty LawnSite Member

the reason i am asking is because i have a local dealer and i have talk to him about the equipment. i have looked over the equipment and it seems to be of high quality, so maybe i will just go with cub cadet. the price i was quoted for on the cc wb's was alot less than what cc's web site said.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

You can't pay any attention to those prices on the website because just about all companies MSRP's are through the roof.
  7. Shawns Lawns

Shawns Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

NH BOY Which ztr cub do you have and how do you like it? :waving:
  8. redoak77

redoak77 LawnSite Senior Member

I have heard some negative stuff about them but i know a guy who has a 36 and a tank and is very happy with them

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Cub cadet has made wb for 10 years plus.i think bunton is making the new wb 17 kaw,hydro elec start and pto best sulky in the biz.4000 out the door here scag wb is 1000 or more here.
  10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

When I first started in the business( 1998) I bought a MTD Pro 36in hydro WB and a 54in Z rider.I use them as backup units now. These were the same as a Lesco and Cub commercial. They are still running and have never had any major breakdowns. I believe the newer stuff is even better now. For the cost of these they are pretty good equipment.