is anyone using one of these???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slikrick, Mar 24, 2004.

1. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

ive seen this quick 36 hydro offered by 'better outdoor products' for $1995 which is about $2500 less than the exmark. never heard anyone ever say anything about them except for the one who is trying to promote them.... has anyone or is anyone using these things and what is it like? can you compare it to any other mower you have used? any other comments on this product pros or cons would be great! here is the site in case you never heard of them. new in the biz and have yet to buy my first WB, 36 is what im starting w/ and the savings is tempting.

http://www.betteroutdoorproducts.com/

Thanks
    Richie

2. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Rick,

If you have a chance, drop an email to Greg Mullens at:

www.mylawnrangers.com

Greg and his partner Steve own a Quick36 and can give you their first-hand unbiased opinion on the machine.

Gary

3. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

GpDesign, The price is catchy on your new mower. How about letting one or even better two Lawnsite members demo one for a couple of weeks and pass on the reviews.

Thanks
    Rhett

4. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

Rhett I think you have a great idea. Imagine what that could do for you GpDesign. I know I'd get one if the review was good. I speak for myself here but I have alot of faith in the fellow lawnsite members and I think so do alot of others.
    think about it GpDesign. If its a great machine you shouldnt have a problem w/ it.

5. GPDesign1

GPDesign1 LawnSite Senior Member

While I do appreciate what you're asking for, we're shipping every single unit we can build right now to customers.

If it gives you any comfort (about our product), Exmark asked us to private brand it to them. I doubt they'd risk putting their good name on something that wasn't 100%.

Thanks,
    Gary

6. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I am considering purchasing one of these units sometime this season myself. The thing that grabs me is it is brand new for that price.
    Hopefully the busines will warrant the purchase of it, as it seems to be a great stepping stone for us.
    I've gone through your website, and think it would be a great mower for us.

Are there any local (Chicago) places where I can actually look at one of these mowers? Or possible a company close who purchased one maybe I can contact to look at it?

Thanks,
    Rob

7. noiseyvoyzey

noiseyvoyzey LawnSite Member

a family member of mine bought one I will let you guys know what I think as soon as he gets it

8. slikrick

slikrick LawnSite Member
    from FL

that would be great!
    thanks

9. spoolinaround

spoolinaround LawnSite Senior Member

I am interisted in these but I need something bigger then a 3"x3" pic of it, do you have something atleast 800x600 that you could e-mail me? ncls@buckeye-express.com

also at this price it cant be using 2 real hydro pumps & 2 motors, I am assuming it is dual single shaft hydrostatic drive units?

10. Gary1

Gary1 LawnSite Member

Rick, I see that you are located in Florida. Where. E-mail me and we can set up a time for you to come and try this mower yourself. I am not a sailsperson for BetterOutdoorProducts, I just own their mower. I do not get any kickbacks. I just get good results. But each person has their likes and dislikes. I'm one that just happens to like what I bought. My e-mail address is GRH76@juno.com. Let's get together.

And, yes, my name is Gary, too.