Is BlackMac Flamable?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by Loooogie, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Loooogie

Loooogie LawnSite Senior Member
    from YORK

Just wondering... How careful do I have to be with this stuff?

What works well to clean overspray?

I have a couple of test driveways lined up and I want to have something to clean over spray... just to be on the safe side.

Is is better to clean it dry or wet?

2. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

It is, and you need to have the flammable stickers on your tank/trailer. It's nothing to be worried about, just is oil, so is flammable. You can use gas, but I get Solvol, from Marathon, in Burlington, and this product works great. Clean wet, as it may not come off after it is dry.

3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Silver Member

If it is flamable , and you have to put stickers ( placards) on your truck you will need a cdl with haz mat .the exception would be in the amount of material you are carrying . Check with the dot , the motor vehicle administration and your supplier

4. shepoutside

We are in Canada. We need placards, and the tank (metal only) has to be registered.

5. GRW

GRW LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

You also need TDG licence.

6. shepoutside

This is true, but only if over a certain liter amount, and I forget what that is? Do you remember?

7. GRW

GRW LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

It depends on the Class but I believe it is anything over 200 L for Class 3. And there is a difference in means of containment. anything under 450 L is a small MoC and anything over 450L: is a large MoC.