Is Bulkmailing The Best?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by creatived, Mar 23, 2008.

1. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

HIGH END RESIDENTIAL RESORT COMMUNITY IS BULK MAILING WITH A PROFESSIONAL FLYER THE BEST WAY TO MARKET. THIS YEAR I AM DOING TWO ONE APRIL ONE MAY TOTAL 17,000 PIECES @ $7500.00 EXPENSIVE AS SH#$.:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

What is your postage rate? 44 cents per seems a little steep.

3. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I would agree but i don't know the size of the post cards. I would do more than two mailings. From my experiences and from articles I have read FREQUENCY is huge with any type of mailing campaign. Who know's everybody market is different. BOL

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

it should only cost 26cents to mail a post card

5. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

THAT IS A PRICE FOR PRINTING 5x9 POSTCARDS AS WELL TWO SIDES AND JUST TWO COLORS

6. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

thats a very high price, i got 30,000 fliers 100# paper, full color full gloss both sides 7''x11'' for $1,200. then it is 23 cents per card to mail them.

7. Icemanku

Icemanku LawnSite Member

Talk about putting all your eggs in one basket! Try a run of 2-3k and see how that goes.

8. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

You may wish to check with your local post office regarding delivery times on the bulk mailing idea. With bulk mailing rates, the Post Office gives themselves much leeway with regard to delivery times. Perhaps the range of times is not consistent with your intended times of getting the piece into the prospective customer's hands.

9. dougaustreim

dougaustreim LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on delivery time. I have received bulk mail that is weeks old. I received one the other day for a suppliers open house that arrived two weeks after the event.
    Doug
    Austreim Landscaping

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L LawnSite Senior Member

That is a good price. Who did you get them from ?