Is business picking up everywhere else?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by JDSKIDSTEER, Apr 11, 2010.

1. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

things have definitly started picking up around here. april will be my best month in 2 years. i just hope it stays this way through summer.

2. farmerknowsbest

farmerknowsbest LawnSite Senior Member

The big excavation companies in this area are very busy. Saw 4 200 class excavators on floats today. A D5 going somewhere and several backhoes out and about. I was in Ottawa this weekend and there are endless fields of houses being built with no sign of any slow downs. Eastern Ontario seems to be out of whatever crisis we have been through.

Warren

3. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Well, I am busy. This is shaping up to be a really good year. Not sure if that is my doing or the economy, but I have some really nice jobs between now and summer. Quite a bit more lined up than usual in the spring. And some contractors I talk to are going hard and others are sitting. A local civil contractor just closed shop last week, and my local pit is pretty much closed, but then one of my competitors just bought a bunch of new iron.......