Is buying an aerator a smart business decision?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Holland, Apr 20, 2013.

1. TriageLawn

TriageLawn LawnSite Member

You are so right. I do this for many of my customers because not only do you make them happy, they will be anxious to tell others. The benefit is their beautiful yard is a testament of your hard work. Think of it as free advertisement. So many people are caught up on the word "Free". If I have a chance to make money and I see potential by doing it free, I wil. Good Post Azlawnman
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Chineau

Chineau LawnSite Member

After your mowers and trimmers very important piece of equipment in your lawn care line up. Sell on the service, good money and solid benefits to your customers lawn. I have a turf co paid for its self first season, yes buy one.

3. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought my bluebird aerator from a rental place for 350$ bucks, spent 150$ bucks on it to change the sprockets, chains, new wheels, greased it up and it was good to go. Paid itself in the first day.

On a normal day we do anywhere from 10-30 aeration, 10 being a slow day, 30 being a very intense day. That is with 1 labor on the machine. 20 aeration in a day at 60$ each, 2500sq/feet lawns = good profit. People cut grass here at 25 bucks a cut, while i do the aeration for the same time for 3 times the money.