Is Cahrging $30/1000sqft A Good Deal For Residential Lawns?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwells7, Sep 19, 2007.

1. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

Hi, I Am A New Lawn Care Business Owner Out Of Baltimore Maryland And I Was Just Curious If Charging Customers $30/1000sq Ft Was A Good Deal Our Not. All Comments Are Welcomed Including Constructive Criticism Thanks

2. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats alot of money for only1K sq feet. But if you can get it more power to ya

3. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Good luck getting that, but if you can go for it.

4. SangerLawn

SangerLawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from indiana

matts lawn care
    that quote from topsites... i love it!!! when he first posted that i about fell out of my chair lol

5. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

that price was just for mowing. what if i added trimming, edging and clean up? do you think the price is still to steep? thanks 4 the replys.

6. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Ive never liked pricing mowing by the square foot. Two yards the same size can be way different to mow. More or less trimming. More or less crap in the yard. Ditch or no ditch....

7. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I could see getting $30 for a 1k lawn, but if you mean $30 PER thousand feet, then no...I'd be getting $150 per lawn instead of around $35-$40.

8. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

like i said im new to this lawn care thing and im having a hard time finding a way to approach pricing lawns without being too expensive. thanks for the reply> what stratagies do u use if you do not mind sharing?

9. mwells7

mwells7 LawnSite Member

sorry for the confusing:confused: i didnt mean $30 per 1k sq ft. i just wanted to create a bottom line for myself so i can profit eventually. i just don't think its worth pulling equipment off of my truck for anything less than a 1000 sqft lot or anything priced less than $30 bucks. does that seem reasonable????

10. Wells

Wells LawnSite Member
    from SLC UT

Price is steep for mowing, triming & edging.
    1000 sq ft is approx an area 32 ft wide by 32 ft long.
    Most people probably aren't going to pay someone $30 to maintain something that small.