Is digging a stress reliever?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mitchgo, Oct 2, 2012.

1. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Not for me. Digging anything other than to replace a turf head can involve jackhammers or backhoes. Bring that kid to Hawaii and I can probably make it so he will never touch a shovel voluntarily again.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Strange, we use them for digging footings under cabins, cleaning valve boxes out, post holes, excavating for leak repair, etc.

It took a while to get the oldtimers to give er a try but once they see how much easier and cleaner a shop vac is, they are sold.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

im sold, thanks :)

4. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

your the sheet. i really appreciate this! never remotely occured to me...

5. muddywater

muddywater LawnSite Bronze Member

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

7. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Last I knew, OSHA does not regulate the activities of teens in their yards.

8. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

:clapping:thanks, and it works quite well, but have to kinda comb thru the grass to keep getting granules down deep in the turf. it does take a while to get enough out to not cause a burn, etc

9. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

please explain, i cant see how a shop vac is gonna suck up all that soil without shovel work etc? or am i missing something here

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Right now I would enjoy being a monkey on a shovel, just digging and digging and digging. The office and phone and emailing and scheduling really gets to me right now.
    Low of 22 the other night had my phone ringing off the hook. Thought it was going to melt or sort out.