Is dodge putting a new tranny in their diesels

Discussion in '<a href=http://www.plowsite.com target=_blank ?>Sn' started by Tim1075, Jun 19, 2000.

1. Tim1075

Tim1075 LawnSite Member

I was wondering if dodge is putting a more heavy duty tans. in their trucks.

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

I know they put a lot of new ones in ours! :)<p>I honestly don't know how they afford to keep paying to have them switched out, it seems it would be cheaper to do it right the first time.

3. plowking35

plowking35 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S.E. CT

Rumor has it that they will in 2002 have either the allison 5sp auto that gm will have in their trucks this fall or a Mercedes drivetrain including a new engine and tranny combo. DC is very hush hush about all of this.<br>They did put a new 6sp manual behing the cummins HO engine for 2001<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org

4. DaveO

DaveO LawnSite Member

Dodge revised the auto's for '00 and '01. They increased the line pressure to improve durabilty. This is one of the changes that the aftermarket fixes use. The current hot setup is to swap out the valve body with a modified one, and also a heavier torque converter with a lower stall speed. Most of the guys who are doing these mods, have increased their power levels to 300+HP/650ft/lbs torque. Feedback is the mods hold up to the added power.<p>Feedback on stock trucks that I have received is that from 98&up the tranny's are holding up well. This remains to be proven to me, since I have an '01 and will find out personally. Dodge did upgrade the '01 auto's to 235hp/460 ft/lbs, so they must think the tranny's are stronger??<p>The '02s engine/trans configs are still under wraps..like Dino said.<p>Dave

5. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Lazer,put the trans in neutral and use the parking brake whenever its running.Get in that habit and the trans will be happy,and last a lot longer from that simple step.<p>----------<br>John D<br>