Is driving mbox to mbox hard on the car?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 10, 2007.

1. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

I know I'm asking a lot of q's here, but I'm anxious to do all this right. Is driving from mailbox to mailbox for like an hour or two a day really bad for you car? I'm a really great driver, but know next to nothing about auto mechanics. I have a nice car and don't want to mess it up stopping too much. Of course I don't put it in park, but, it's still slow moving and a lot on the breaks isn't it? Yet it's much faster than walking to each box, especially when the insert boxes are space 2-3 houses apart; cause not everyone has a newspaper or flyer box.

2. ATVracer

ATVracer LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

You cannot put flyers in a mialbox or attached to them in any way.

3. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I think your car will survive.
    But only drive to the mailboxes that have the newspaper 'box' attached to them. Don't put the flyer directly into the mailbox, but rather the newspaper holder.

Traffic is the only thing to worry about when delivering that way.

4. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

how do so many people not realize it's illegal to touch anyones mailbox.

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I know really...you can't touch the mailbox, the flag or the post...ever no exceptions.

6. Watson's Landscaping

Watson's Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

we all know you cant touch anyones mailbox, but we all do it. I get at least four LC flyers on my mailbox every spring. and im going out next week to pass out mine

7. haybaler

haybaler LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

nobody in my area does it, and I would call the police if anybody put flyers in my mailbox

8. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here...

9. green-pa

green-pa LawnSite Senior Member

Lol! THanks guys, but what I meant wasn't meaning to put it in the mailbox but in the newspaper/flyer slot of course. I should have worded it differnt.
    But does anyone know what this actually does to your cars engine, breaks, ect? I mean if u did this for 2 hours a day ( at like 600 stops ) would that be too many? What would be an ok amount of time to do this without putting serious stress on your vehicle? Or is this only hard on the breaks? :confused:

10. CoreyD

CoreyD LawnSite Member

i do it in my jeep that has 199,500 miles on it.... hasent hurt it yet