Is driving mbox to mbox hard on the car?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green-pa, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Wheelz51

Wheelz51 LawnSite Member

Consider this; Mail carriers do it all the time, five - six days a week.
  2. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

Does every single person have one of these?
  3. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

thats not goin to hurt your car.
  4. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

7 outta 10 subdivisions down here do... at least the higher end subs.
    Every house gets the same mailbox/post with a newspaper box under the mailbox. Makes delivering flyers a snap.
  5. DuraCutter

DuraCutter LawnSite Senior Member

Is this law for real? In Canada there are no such restrictions.

I for one hate so many laws... the govt has us by the b#lls. Too many laws is worse than communism is some ways.

Sorry, just thought I'd vent. :)
  6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

Ya isn't that funny? When I read this:

I almost fell out of my chair laughing. No offence or anything but calling the police over a flyer? :laugh: :laugh: :dizzy: :canadaflag:

7. bigcountry01

bigcountry01 LawnSite Member

opening someones mailbox is a FEDERAL OFFENCE guys...i know it seems like its no big deal but like it or not thats the law...NATIONWIDE. i dont know about canada but here its definantly illegal. It is considered invasion of privacy. I know i sure wouldnt want someone going thru my mailbox. If they dont have a paper tube then just dont leave a flyer...simple as that. If you put your flyer in a mailbox then they have all your information they need to get your A$$ in trouble if they wanted to...Its just not worth the risk. I passed out about 2500 flyers this year and they were all in paper tubes.
  8. lurch

lurch LawnSite Member

what about taping one to the mailbox....illegal?
  9. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

YES! What don't you guys understand it can't be in or on the mailbox OR the post. If you don't believe us call the post office on Monday when they open. There are NO newspaper boxes in this area so all my flyers/doorhangers go on the front door.
  10. Mow2nd-2

Mow2nd-2 LawnSite Member

I'm sorry to say that your wrong, but i put flyers out on mailboxes all the time as long as you don't go into the mailbox because thats illegal and as long as you don't put them in the mailmans way they usually don't say anything every now and then the postmaster will call you and warn you and as long as you stay away from that area a couple months your fine.