Is Dyna - Mow Still In Business?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowingman, Nov 12, 2001.

1. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

I saw a mower called Dyna-Mow today that will be auctioned off on Wed. It started right up and operated good.It is 7 years old, but looks to have some life left in it. Were these a good mower? Do they still make them, and can you get parts anywhere?

2. LJ lawn

LJ lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

try www.dynamow.com if this mower is in good shape -i'd be there bidding on it.they usually came with diesel engines.this mower will out mow all the rest of the crap mowers out there.if you were to buy it new you're looking at over $15 grand.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Huh. I nearly forgot all about these mowers. They look like they're built well, but why haven't they sold if they are such a good mower? Why are they only available in 14 states? They started in the late '80's, it seems like they would have covered better by now. Look at what Exmark is doing. (for obvious reasons)

4. LJ lawn

from NJ

gee,lets see.MAYBE they don't sell too well since they're over $15 grand new.and since the average landscaper is usually on a budget....and can buy 2 exmarks for that price.unfortunately in this industry it's the trick mower of the week that sells (it's worse than womens clothing trends)plus they are BIG mowers and unless you're mowing large areas they aren't practical.despite every other mower co's claims about cutting 15mph in wet conditions this mower will do it no problem (40 hp yanmar diesel with direct HYDRO blade spindles). if anyone ever gets to demo one they would agree that it's one of the best.and no,i'm not a rep and i'm not getting any comp for praising this machine,but i did demo one and have seen what it can do and if i had a use for it and the scroll to buy one i would.

5. Mowingman

from Texas

I went back and checked out the Dyna-Mow a little closer today. It is a model A62. It has a 3 cyl. Kubota diesel. It started up, but I could not move it around as it is surrounded by other equip. I am going to go to the auction and bid on it tomorrow. Might get lucky and pick it up for next to nothing.:D

6. LJ lawn

from NJ

i demo'd one 2 years ago with the big yanmar and this thing actually layed rubber!!.-no problem.full hydro deck lift and blades.it was used and they (dealer) wanted 10 grand.if you can get it cheap -great!

7. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Saw one painted bright yellow, [looked new] for sale in someone's front yard today. Out of curiosity, did a search and came back with 2 threads. I am wondering, do any of you out there know more about this mower? I am not interested in buying it. But wonder about it's spec.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

That link leads to a search engine.

9. Mowingman

from Texas

They went out of business a while back. Glad I did not buy that mower at the auction.

10. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I've looked at one. They're built like tanks and IMO they would be far too heavy to transport around all the time.