Is everyone back to weekly mowing?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by williams lcm, Mar 24, 2014.

1. jbannick18

jbannick18 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a serious hatred for sweet viburnum right now. I could of gone every week starting mid march but I always start weekly April 1.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Days are getting longer and temps are going above 75 in the day time. Lawns are growing fast enough to need a weekly mowing. For a while there, the zoysia and bermuda were not growing much in a month.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

This has to be the longest pollen and leaf season I have ever seen. There are live oaks around here that have not dropped yet.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

It is a little crazy, but it was 50 degrees during the night a week ago, what the heck is going on this year?

5. Dr. Cornwallis

Dr. Cornwallis LawnSite Senior Member

I'm still mowing EOW on some accounts. Crazy year indeed, one week it's 90 degrees outside and the next it's a couple days with a high of 60.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Dang....that's crazy. All ours are done and ill tell you this was the worst year for allergies.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You ain't kidding. We are still doing cleanups. The SA is taking a bit of a beating from all the raking.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

PGR time. Did the first round last month. This is going to be a hot and wet summer I think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. pazzaneselawncare

pazzaneselawncare LawnSite Member

I usually start first cuts in about a week from now.

10. Patriot Services

Brother, you know you're in the Florida forum right? All are welcome of course.
    Posted via Mobile Device