Is everyone ready to start the new season?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pclawncare, Feb 22, 2007.

1. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Tomorrow i am going to start scalping. This will kick off my new season and ill start to make some money again finaly. Is everyone else ready?

2. Trinity Lawn Care  LLC

Trinity Lawn Care LLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

We are getting there. We would not be ready if we had to jump full tilt by tomorrow. However, we have started with estimates.

3. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

I am so ready! I have been so very eager to get goin. I dont start my regular clients for another couple weeks, but i have been servicing mowers and equipment and gettin it all ready to go this past week. Good luck to everyone this year!

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

So what happens after scalping? If you would skip that phase you would probably pick up an extra couple mows and keeps weeds from growing in the grass. We probably have same grass types and scalping stopped about 15 years ago.

5. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

What kind of grass do you all grow most?

6. lawn guy1350

lawn guy1350 LawnSite Member

yeh dont think i would do any scalping...

7. B&M

B&M LawnSite Senior Member

It was about 70 here today guess we will start soon.

8. lawnguy268

lawnguy268 LawnSite Member

probly not for another 2 weeks....its supposed to snow tonight

9. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

I make the same whether I mow or not because all my contracts are structured on a year-round basis. I work hard in the summer but I still keep some cash flow in the winter so I don't starve.

Still, I got out and mowed this week. Most didn't really need it but it felt great to get out at least make some stripes so people don't think I died or something.

10. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with the scalping. I always try to scalp and bag the bermuda lawns. I helps get all the dead grass blades out of the way so your not cutting new and dead this spring. It also helps with faster green-up. As for the weeds, with regular pre-m applications they do not seem to be a problem. I guess everbody has their own ways, but this is my favorite.