1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Is everyone using my pictures?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Nov 28, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Last night it was reported someone in Mn. was using my lawn pictures on their website. Now tonight I get another report that another guy might be using one of my pictures. I went to check and all 5 of 5 pictures were mine and one of them is ME mowing a lawn. Below the front picture it says "Your lawn can look like these if you choose to hire us!!!" Can you believe this CRAP?

Does anyone know who this site belongs to? http://www.mikeslawncare.com

Last winter we found pictures on sites in S. Carolina saying on their website that they mowed these lawns and your could look like them too. What's up with these BOGUS guys? Can't they take pictures of their own lawns?
  2. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Eric, you better hope your customer's don't find out he will cut them for $30 or $40
    Somebody here has to know this guy or at least be close to him. Post the area code and ask around.
    What do you make of the heading? Do you think he is posting threats to customers who owe him money?

Worse comes to worse, get Stone to hack him... hehe
  3. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Eric! I guess youll have to go down to your local pantend office eh! See what happens when you do quility work. Eric looks like everyone wants to be you, they cant seem to do lines as good as you so they gotta steal pics!!!!
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Wow, Eric, I just replied to Kutnkru's post and I really think now that you should give this Mike kid a COLLECT phone call and see what he's all about! Thats a shame. This is turning into a real epidemic!
  5. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

LOL! Another night another theif. Well one thing the site sucks so maybe noone views it. Wonder if I hire them they can make my house look like that also?
  6. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

When you're the best, everybody guns for you.

Sorry to see that, what a bunch of BS!
  7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

That's a shame Eric, if I were you,Id be so mad right nowI'd be shaking.I hate theft of any type,and this is personal,time to take care of this before it gets any worse.Is there any legal recourse you have?These LCO's must be bottom feeders anyway,if they are this low.
  8. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Eric in pic #4 is that you on your Chopper?
  9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Yep, that's me :)
  10. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member