is everyone working memorial day?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by williams lcm, May 20, 2013.

1. blk90s13

blk90s13 LawnSite Bronze Member

2. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

Working. Skip Monday and push everything back a day sounds like bad news here. If I did that I would probably get rained out a full day then I would be working the following Saturday and Sunday. No thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Tom-N-Texas

Tom-N-Texas LawnSite Senior Member

Exactly right. This is why I never waste/take off a perfectly good weekday. It's never worth it. We do generally take off a half day on July 4th
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

No way I'll be working.. It's 6 days a week and spending the afternoons on Sunday cleaning up and doing paper work.

That's the first and last weekend off I'll have till July 4th.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. QLM

QLM LawnSite Senior Member

Working all day.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope to work. Skipping is actually more stressful to me. More now, less later. If holidays paid, i'd consider it:)

7. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I'd feel real guilty working on Memorial Day. I just try to catch up a little each day till the end of the week.

8. agent walker

agent walker LawnSite Senior Member

I'll be working monday. Grass don't stop growing for holidays! If i took off, just have to work saturday, so whats the point?

9. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

:canadaflag:
    I've never understood this reasoning. My parent's are always cautioning me against working myself to death. My customers say to me "I didn't think I'd see you today." My thinking is, I really have it easier than most people. Yes I have to bust my butt March-November unless there is a drought, but outside of a few scattered snowfalls I get three months off a year. With all the time off during the winter, why should I take a day off or feel the need to when the grass is growing like it is? What are we a bunch of wimps?

10. You might figure it out one of these days.